Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Workin' two shifts...




Lindsay here...will this mention I'm the one posting? I will freely admit to never touching these "blog" things you kids talk about and am clueless about the complete workings. For someone who's a website developer by day, I feel like a 6 year-old that's been chucked into the deep end of the pool...

Anyhow. Having a job that sticks you in front of a computer all day gives little reason to be tempted by the likes of Facebook and the various distractions of the internet (such as blogs...) This is actually a very good motivator when it comes to working on comic pages traditionally. I've kept a pretty consistent schedule of inking a page a night when I sit down to work, usually between 7 and 10 pm. It's not every night, granted. Moving from Savannah (GA) to Paducah (KY) took up a lot more time and energy that I thought...The weekday schedule's pretty consistent as of now: Day Job, Make/Eat Dinner, Mushy-Talk with Husband, Inking, Bed.

I've almost exhausted the backlog of blue-lined pages to ink that I had printed out before leaving Savannah, which means a trip to Wal-Greens for an ink refill to print more blue-lines. I'll post something about the wonders of the large-format HP printer used in the comics world to print at 11 x 17 format.

That's all I got for now, almost betime to start the schedule over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment